Spotify is a digital music, podcast, and video service platform launched by a Swedish media service provider.
Spotify gives people access to millions of songs in many languages and other content from creators all over the world. But it does not allow the download of songs. That is, one cannot get songs from Spotify to MP3 on any device.
Likewise other music and podcasting apps, Spotify also provides functions such as playing music are totally free. But one can also choose to upgrade to Spotify Premium where it allows downloading songs for offline mode and go completely ad-free.
Even without subscribing to Spotify Premium, any user can get recommendations based on your activities, create collections of music and podcasts and enjoy much more functions.
Now Spotify can be accessed with a range of devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets, speakers, TVs, and cars. Also, you can easily transition from one to another with Spotify content.
What does one need to know about Spotify?
Spotify is a global digital music streaming service provider that gives you access to more than 70 million songs from different countries and different artists around the globe.
This is so appealing to people because it allows easy access to its content for free by simply signing with an email address or by connecting with a Facebook account.
If you are not strongly attracted to its monthly subscription to upgrade to Spotify Premium or just want to test it out. It is pretty easy to get started with premium as there is no commitment.
One can pick out the key difference between the free version of Spotify and Spotify Premium in a quick summary that the free version is ad-supported, much like radio stations, does not allow downloading of songs.
The free version can be accessed from PC, laptop, and smartphones but to take advantage of full service needs a Spotify Premium subscription. Yet, a premium subscription does not let you download songs from Spotify.
But there are some ways through which one can download songs to a device with the help of Spotify to MP3 converter. Learn some amazing ways to extract songs from Spotify:
Use Spotify to MP3 software from AudFree
It is specifically developed software that enables a user to download Spotify songs as MP3 files with good audio quality.
It is a Spotify to MP3 converter free software. AudFree Software adopted the latest technology, which helps in converting any Spotify track or podcast to MP3 at high speed.
Steps to convert Spotify to MP3:
- Download AudFree software and launch it.
- Now drag and drop any Spotify track from the Spotify app to the software’s interface.
- Then click the top-right menu icon and select the ‘preference’ option, then click ‘convert’ then, select output as ‘Mp3’.
- Lastly, click the ‘Convert button to start downloading and converting the song you have selected.
Spotify Recorder – Spotify to MP3 converter
Audacity is open-source and free software that uses advanced recording and editing technology.
It is a highly professional digital audio editing and recording software that can help a user to record and edit Spotify songs to MP3 format in a hassle-free way. It is also a Spotify to MP3 converter free software for Linux users.
Follow these steps to use the Audacity Spotify converter:
- Start with downloading and launching Audacity. Now click the ‘Edit’ option from the toolbar, then go to ‘preferences’ and select ‘Audio Host Box,’ then click the ‘Windows WASAPI’ option.
- Now select ‘transport’ and go to ‘transport option’ then ‘Software Playthrough.’ Turn it off while recording.
- Now come to the ‘option’ button and choose MP3 as export format.
- Finally, click on the ‘record’ button to play and record the Spotify track that you want to convert Spotify to MP3. When the recording gets complete, click the spot button to save the track to the device.
Spotify to MP3 converter free by ALLToMP3
It is a Spotify to mp3 converter similar to Audacity, but it is more user-friendly. Like Audacity, it is a desktop application available for Linux, mac, and windows operating systems.
Apart from Spotify, it allows users to download songs from other music streaming platforms. But ALLToMP3 only converts songs in 256kbps MP3 quality. Also, it is completely free for all operating systems. It keeps albums, artist ID3 tags, and lyrics with the downloading of songs.
TuneFab Spotify to MP3 Converter
TuneFab Spotify to MP3 converter is free to use and compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac OS 10.12 or higher versions of these operating systems.
It is designed in a way that not only Spotify premium users but also free uses can download Spotify songs in MP3 format and also in M4A, FLAC, or WAV formats.
A user can download any Spotify song, album, playlist, even the whole music library in these formats as per the choice.
This is how one can use TuneFab Spotify to MP3 converter.
- Download the TuneFeb music converter with the right version compatible with your operating system from the above-mentioned.
- Install the converter and launch the entire Spotify web player program.
- Now login to this Spotify web player or Spotify account. Then open the album or playlist, or library that you want to convert to MP3.
- As soon as you open the album or playlist, TuneFab will analyze it automatically, and you have to select the songs you want to download.
- After selecting songs, move towards the output settings. For this, go to ‘preferences’ then select ‘Advanced.’ Here, you can customize your desired output by selecting output format, bitrate, and sample rate.
- In the same window, go to the ‘general’ option where you can save a default folder to save all the converted files.
- Save these settings and close this window.
- Back to the playlist window, click on the ‘convert all’ button, and it will start converting all the songs from Spotify to MP3.
- Remember not to play any song while the conversion is taking place; otherwise, the conversion will be halted. You can play the songs once all the conversion process gets finished.
Online Spotify to MP3 converter
Similar to the software that extracts songs from Spotify, there are online converters that require no installation. Two such sources are mentioned here.
Apowersoft free online recorder:
It is a free and lightweight online audio recorder that can be used as a Spotify to MP3 converter free of cost. It can record sounds from a microphone or sound card and save them as MP3 files.
Moreover, it allows the editing of the information of output like adding cover, title, artist, and much more. At first, the user has to install a launcher for its smooth working.
Chrome extension Spotify downloader:
It is a chrome extension that lets users download songs from Spotify and convert them to MP3. It can download around 70% of Spotify’s songs for free. Any user can download Spotify online using Spotify web player within the chrome browser.
Not everyone is interested in paying money to listen to music that can be available for free. Also, people don’t want to upgrade to a premium subscription but want all its advantages.
Hence, they choose these ways like Spotify to MP3 converter free of cost to download songs as MP3 formats. But these methods are against copyright laws and, we do not support such unethical practices.