Windows 10 is very compatible and easy with all types of video files, but some are still difficult, like MOV video files.
Nowadays, we have lots of streaming websites where we can directly watch the content without any hassle.
Still, for ios users, Apple users, and Mac users, it is difficult to download and watch the same video on PC because they have a .mov extension.
It is hard to watch all types of video on the PC, so today, we will know about such video formats and how to watch them on Windows 10. Please read it carefully and apply it by yourself.
What are MOV Video Files?
Usually, the video file comes in .mp4 format or other formats; when the user downloads the video from the apple store or mac, the video format will be .mov.
It will be tough to run the .mov video on Windows 10. If the video content is copyrighted, it will become more difficult to run Windows 10.
Below are the ways to run .mov video files on your PC, so follow them.
Use Quicktime Player:
Quicktime Player is software that is used to play videos in any format. It is very easy to use, and any user can use it without any complications.
If you don’t have a Quicktime player, then download it from the Apple site and remember that after 2016 Apple doesn’t support the Quicktimer for Windows 10.
So you cannot update the software and have to work with the old version.
- When you visit the Apple site, search for Quicktime player.
- Now click on Quicktime player for Windows.
- Here you can see the download button and click it and wait for it.
- When the software is downloaded, you can click on it to install or right-click on the mouse choose the folder when the software is saved.
- Now double click on the .exe file of Quicktime and install it or right-click on it and choose the run as administrator. (On some PC user has to take permission from the administrator).
- Click on the YES button to get permission from the administrator. (This step will be skipped if you don’t have to take permission from the administrator).
- As you can see, a box will be open here; you have to click on the Next button.
- Agree on the Terms & Conditions box and click the Next button.
- Wait for few minutes, and here your Quicktime Player is installed.
- Now open the folder where your .mov video is saved.
- Right-click on the video, go to the “Open with” option and click on Quicktime Player to run the video.
- Here you can enjoy the video.
Run with Windows Media Player:
We all know that Windows Media Player is the default media player on Windows 10, and it also supports all types of video formats.
- You can right-click on the video and go to the “open with” option and choose Windows Media Player to run the video.
- It will take few minutes to run, and here you can enjoy the video.
- The installed latest version of Windows Media Player to run the .mov video files or keep the higher version of 12.
- If Windows Media Player is not working, you can try Quicktime player.
Run with VLC Media Player:
Well, VLC also a very popular media player, but sometimes it won’t play .mov video files, so in this case, you can try.
- Open the VLC media player choose the File menu, and click on the Open button.
- You can see the dialogue box from where you have to choose your video and run it.
Convert the MOV Video File:
This is the last but not the least idea that you can easily use. IF any above technique is not working.
Then convert video files with the help of any online video tools. You can download the software or do it online.