Read How to Fix Vizio SmartCast TV Not Working
Chromecast technology is built into your device and allows you to cast video content directly to your VIZIO SmartCast television. You can now enjoy viewing videos, shows or movies on a larger screen.
There are many reasons your Vizio SmartCast TV might not work or not be available. Your SmartCast TV may have technical problems, blocking you from mirroring content. Your network configuration may have gone wrong. Another possible cause is a software problem.
There are many ways to fix the error on your Vizio SmartCast TV. These are the solutions.
How to fix Vizio SmartCast TV not working or unavailable
Use another network
Try connecting your Vizio SmartCast TV with a different network if the above solution does not work. If you have a mobile hotspot, you can either use that network or another network.
This will help you determine if the problem is with your ISP. You can identify the problem with your network by using a different ISP.
Factory Reset Your Vizio TV SmartCast
The last resort for fixing the error is to factory reset Vizio SmartCast television. This will result in all settings, apps, and content being lost. Careful considerations should be taken before performing this procedure.
Reset a Vizio TV by using the menu or buttons on your device. The following steps are required:
- To factory reset by using the TV menu, click the Menu button and then click System.
- Reset & Admin will open. Select Reset TV to Factory Settings.
- To factory reset your TV using its buttons, hold down both the Volume Down and Input buttons for at most 5 seconds. A bar will appear on your TV.
- Keep pressing the Input button for at least five seconds, until your TV screen turns off.
- Follow the steps to reset your TV.
Check your Internet Connection
To determine if your Internet connection is stable, run a speed test. Your network can be improved by moving your router around or bypassing it. You can connect your Vizio SmartCast television directly to the modem.
Perform an Energy Cycle
To erase temporary configurations that may be causing the error, power cycle SmartCast TV or network devices.
- Turn off your modem, TV, router, and modem.
- These devices should be unplugged and left to cool for at least one minute.
- Connect your modem and wait for it fully to connect. Repeat the process with your router.
- Now plug your Vizio SmartCast television in and turn it on.
- Verify that the error is not still present.
Modify Your DHCP Settings
If none of these solutions work, you should change your DHCP settings to prevent the error. Different IP addresses will be assigned for all devices.
- Your Vizio SmartCast television should be turned off.
- Open any browser on your computer and type the URL of your router.
- Register your username and password.
- Navigate to Settings and search for the DHCP setting in Advanced or Network settings.
- Verify that it is turned on. Click enabled if it is disabled. If it is enabled already, click disable and then click enable again.
- Save the page and close it.
- Turn on the TV.
Which one of these methods helped you fix the Chromecast error on Vizio SmartCast? Please let us know what you think in the comments section.