When infectious diseases Covid-19 are spreading worldwide, it is necessary to take care of yourself and your family.
According to the WHO (World Health Organization) guidelines, people have to keep a social distance from each other, wear masks in public places, and wash your hands after 1-2 hours to keep it clean or go with the sanitizer well.
You can carry it anywhere and use it anytime. Many stores are running out of sanitizer stock during this pandemic situation, so it is useful to learn about homemade sanitizer.
According to the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), the sanitizer contains 60% alcohol, and it must be prepared in a clean place with an experienced person only. You can find out various recipes for homemade sanitizer on the internet, but it is strictly restricted that you don’t try it yourself without any expert. You need proper guidance and use measures to create a homemade sanitizer.
It is a warning that any of the products should not be touched by the kids and keep them in a proper place where no kids are allowed.
Homemade sanitizers can be used for the long-term but do not try on children’s skin and avoid eye contact. An improper mixture of ingredients can cause severe injury, so try to follow the steps strictly. To prepare a homemade sanitizer, you need these things:
- Isopropyl alcohol which will be 91%-98% (available at alcohol stores or drug stores)
- Hydrogen peroxide approx. 3% (available at alcohol stores or drug stores)
- Glycerin (available at alcohol stores or drug stores or nay market)
- Sterile distilled water
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring spoons
- Plastic Jug
- Small bottles or containers
- Take seven and a half or eight cups isopropyl and pour it into the plastic measuring jug.
- Now add six and a half or seven tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.
- Now cover the jug and mix the ingredients properly.
- Add two or two and a half tablespoons of glycerin to make it sticky.
- Now add some amount of distilled water to give a liquid form.
- Now again, mix all the ingredients and check it with spoons. If the consistency is right, then cover it adequately and leave it up to 72 hours.
- After that, you can pour it into a spray bottle or in any bottle.
How to Be Safe?
The above recipe you can follow under experienced people and enjoy the creation, but the lack of efficiency and improper proportion ingredients can damage skin irritation, skin problem, or burns.
So you can try it on yourself with a 1-2 drop on your hand and rub it for 30-60 seconds. In 60 seconds, it will kill almost germs.
According to the CDC, the corona virus contains perilous germs that will spread through shaking hands or touching people. So it is much better to keep sanitizer with yourself and, if possible, then cover your hands with hand gloves.
Hand sanitizer won’t work if your hands are dirty, greasy, or slimy, so if possible then keep the liquid soap with yourself to keep your hands clean. Washing hands is the priority to kill the germs, but people who are always traveling or not able to wash hands can go with the sanitizer.
If you’re suffering from flu or any other thing, it is much better to use sanitizer and avoid water. Medical staff who regularly works with corona virus patients needs more protection than any other people. It is also not possible for them to take a bath after every 1 hour.
It is also apparent to use sanitizer instead of washing hands or bathing; otherwise, they will get sick. So stay home and stay safe.