Microsoft Azure is well-known as one of the leading cloud providers. It consists of specific standards to be eligible for different certifications.
The Microsoft Azure Certification path simplifies the path for Azure training. The 3 levels in this certification path are as follows:
- Fundamental level Certification
- Associate level Certification
- Expert level Certification
These 3 certifications make the certification path versatile. This is because it helps any beginner or advanced Azure developer. All the exams in these 3 certifications support 4 languages – English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. When you complete reading this article, you will have enough knowledge on these 3 certification types, the exams included, fees of the exams, and more:
Fundamental level Certification:
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900 Exam):
The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification (AZ-900) is the most basic and the first exam you must go or. The corresponding certification demonstrates elementary knowledge of Cloud services in Azure. Moreover, this exam is helpful for those candidates who have no technical knowledge and for those who have limited understanding about the cloud concepts.
- Familiarity with Azure Platform.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing.
AZ-900 Exam Fee: 99 USD
Modules of AZ-900 Exam:
- Cloud Computing Concepts
- Core Azure Services
- Security, Compliance, Privacy, and Trust
- Azure Pricing and Support
Associate level Certification:
In this level of certification path, there are 2 exams to be cleared:
- a) Azure Administrator Associate: (AZ-103) and
- b) Microsoft Azure Developer Associate (AZ-203 Exam)
Let’s know about each of them:
a) Azure Administrator Associate: (AZ-103 Exam):
The Azure Administrator associate certification tests the expertise level of a candidate for dealing with various aspects.
These include cloud computing, security, operating systems, applications, and storage in Microsoft Azure. Before taking this exam, the candidate must have knowledge on Azure Portal, Powershell, ARM templates, storage configurations, networking, virtualization, and cloud infrastructure.
Firstly, pass this certification if you want to appear for the Azure DevOps Engineer Expert exam.
- Understanding of cloud storage infrastructure, operating systems, and azure applications
- Fundamentals of network components and virtualization tools
AZ-103 Exam Fee: 165 USD
Modules of AZ-103 Exam:
- Management of Azure resources and subscriptions
- Deploy and manage virtual machines (VMS)
- Storage management
- Identity management
- Configure and maintain virtual networks
b) Microsoft Azure Developer Associate (AZ-203 Exam):
For those Azure developers who design cloud solutions including applications and services, the AZ-203 exam proves useful.
This exam analyzes your skills in the software development procedure, solution design, and implementation. One must be expert enough at developing applications, services, storage, security maintenance, and communications through the Azure cloud platform.
- Understanding of data security, data management, and IT operations.
- Knowledge of fundamental aspects of Azure development and DevOps
AZ-203 Exam Fee: 165 USD
Modules of AZ-203 Exam:
- Azure Platform as a Service solution
- Azure Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) compute solutions
- Consume Azure & third party services
- Development of Azure storage
- Optimize, supervise and troubleshoot Azure solutions
- Azure Security Implementation
3. Expert level Certification:
The Architect Expert certification from Microsoft Azure tests the candidates’ expertise on networking and the creation of cloud-based solutions.
As per the introduction of recent modifications, one must pass two exams as mentioned below:
- a) Azure Architect Technologies (AZ-300 Exam)
- b) Azure Architect Design (AZ-301 Exam)
Collectively passing both these certifications facilitates you with successful completion of Azure Solution Architect Expert Certification.
Let’s discuss each of them:
a) Azure Architect Technologies (AZ-300 Exam):
It is specially designed for those Azure solution architects capable of decode the business requirements. Moreover, it is for those who can counsel the stakeholders with solutions possessing qualities like scalability, security, and reliability.
- Knowledge of security, identity, IT operations, data management, Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps.
AZ-300 Exam Fee: 165 USD
Modules of AZ-300 Exam:
- Creation and configuration of infrastructure
- Configuration and creation of storage accounts
- Building up virtual machines for Linux and Windows
- Establishing the connectivity between Virtual Networks
- Managing Active Directory
b) Microsoft Azure Architect Design (AZ-301 Exam):
This exam tests the candidate’s skill in tasks like a design for security and identity, the decision on workload needs, creation of a business continuity tactic, and deployment of a data platform solution. Also, it tests the abilities of design for implementation, integration, and migration.
Exam Fee: $165 USD
Modules of AZ-301 Exam:
- Analyze workload requirements
- Design a data platform solution
- Designing for identity and security
- Designing for deployment, integration, and migration
- Design and infrastructure tactic
- Creating a tactic for business continuity
c) Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (AZ-400 Exam):
This certification exam is designed for DevOps professionals who can blend processes and technologies to provide services. These services must fulfil business goals and user requirements.
Knowledge of Azure administration, Azure development, and Agile practices
Exam Fee: $165 USD
Modules of AZ-400 Exam:
- Design a DevOps strategy
- Implementation of continuous integration
- Implementation of dependency management
- Implementation of DevOps development processes
- Implementation of continuous delivery
- Implementation of continuous feedback
- Implementation of application infrastructure
d) Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500 Exam):
The AZ-500 exam is created for those security engineers who execute security controls, secures data, and deals with the identity.
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure services and products.
- Knowledge of networking, virtualization, and N-tier architecture
AZ-500 Exam Fee: 165 USD
Modules of AZ-500 Exam:
- Implement platform protection
- Manage identity and access
- Manage security operations
- Secure data and applications
When you qualify for the exams discussed in this certification path, it validates your expertise and knowledge in the specific domain of the Azure cloud platform.
To become a certified Azure professional, this certification path helps a lot.